Level 1 IT Engineer
We are currently seeking a customer service engineer (Level 1) with the drive and determination to help us support our client base. The responsibility of the Level 1 technician will be to perform basic triage on inbound customer calls and service and escalate customer issue as appropriate to Level 2 & 3 Engineers. Growth and training is encouraged, we like to promote from within. If you have drive and the desire, we’d like to talk to you.
Candidates must be energetic, passionate and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.
This position will include reviewing and managing tickets from the Network Operation Center, monthly maintenance of servers and backup devices. Responsibilities also include identifying, documenting and troubleshooting user basic computing issues to resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Job duties include utilizing our professional services automation solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support services and update service request information and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts.
Minimum Skills Required:
• Knowledge of hardware, Microsoft software applications
• Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
• Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
• Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Reliable transportation
This Position Entails:
• Troubleshooting user problems remotely (through training to go onsite may occur)
• Accurate documentation of all activities conducted
• The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software and services
• The desire to take on assigned projects and follow through to completion in a timely manner
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
The Successful Candidate must be:
• Professional and articulate
• Technically proficient
• A relationship builder
• A problem solver