Level 2 IT Engineer
We are currently seeking a highly skilled engineer with the drive and determination to help us support our client base. This position reports to our Service Manager. We are looking for an individual who is a problem-solver and has a proven track record of working within a team environment to successfully address challenging user computing issues, and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. If you have the experience and the desire, we’d like to talk to you.
Our engineers are responsible for maintaining user up-time and improving their computing experiences through effective on-site maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.
This position will include identifying user problems and working within a structured problem management and resolution process to re-mediate them with established SLAs and involves working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective field support services. Responsibilities include identifying, documenting and troubleshooting user computing issues to resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Job duties include utilizing our professional services automation solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver onsite user support services and update service request information and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts.
Minimum Skills Required:
• Excellent knowledge of software and technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
• Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
• Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-orientated, dependable and flexible
• Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions is a plus: Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, XP to Windows 8.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Reliable transportation
This Position Entails:
• Troubleshooting user problems on-site
• Accurate documentation of all activities conducted
• The ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software and services
• The desire to take on assigned projects and follow through to completion in a timely manner
• The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
The Successful Candidate must be:
• Professional and articulate
• Inter-personally adept
• Technically proficient
• A relationship builder
• A problem solver