Website / Hosting Support Engineer
Directive is looking for a full-time website and hosting support engineer to join our team. The position will entail working on a wide variety of projects; most of them involving the maintenance, and optimization of the core infrastructure that drives our web business. We are looking for a person that is detail oriented, with an understanding of linux, the importance of security and uptime for our clients. The candidate would be responsible for managing the infrastructure of our shared, reseller, cloud, and web hosting customers.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Managed server loads, rollouts of services, scheduled tasks, monitoring tools.
- Perform server audits of client systems and bring them to current industry standards and security.
- Improving internal and external security.
- Improving HTTP performance and reliability.
- Experience supporting web backend systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of emerging security exploits, flaws, and their counter-measures.
- Skilled understanding of Apache web servers.
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, PHP and cross-browser development and debugging.
- Experience with databases, specifically MySQL or NoSQL systems.
- Familiar with security methods and practices to facilitate protection of the consumer's private information & strong interest in web security projects.
- Strong interest, awareness, and aptitude to learn about and work on web security issues and projects.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Required to be able to work flexible hours, occasionally available to work weekends or off-hours.
- High speed personal connection to the internet.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of cpanel and WHM
- Experience with SSL
- Knowledge of .htaccess and how to set up URL redirects
- Must have a willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of how to set up subdomains and parked domains
- Knowledge of DNS and how A records are set up
- Working knowledge of using HOSTS file entries in order to access websites.
Training can be provided for the right candidate.