Call it luck, but today's Crock-Pot Thursday just so happened to be on National Bring Your Child to Work Day! Joining us for lunch and a full afternoon of activities, our special guests got to have a bit of fun while learning about what it's like to work in our office. Coloring, making videos, and playing with puppies were on the agenda. Everyone had a great time! See for yourself - check out the official video footage. Oh, and... here's the recipe for this week's dessert. No Bake Banana Split is something everyone should try, regardless of their age.
No Bake Banana Split Dessert
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool-Whip, thawed or 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, stemmed
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of 9x13 glass or porcelain dish, let it chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, 1/4 cups butter, and the powdered sugar until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Don’t be tempted to add milk, it will take a few minutes, but the mixture will blend up perfectly!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread pineapple chunks evenly over the bananas.
- Evenly spread the Cool-Whip over the pineapple-banana layer using a rubber spatula.
- Garnish with the pecans/walnuts and maraschino cherries.
- Drizzle the chocolate fudge over the dessert and then sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles over the surface.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting to allow the layers to set.
Recipe courtesy of Sugar Apron.