Happy National Chili-Dog Day! How lucky are we that such a great holiday fell directly on a Crock-Pot Thursday? Today you’ll watch the techniques of two of our team members in a.....drumroll please........hot dog eating contest! Who will win? Kathy Chupp or Jimmy Mustard? Watch the video to find out!
Chili Dogs for a Crowd
- 1(8 count) package hot dog buns
- 1(8 count) package of hot dogs
- 1(15 ounce) can chili (with our without beans)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced jarred jalapeno pepper rings (mild or hot)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 13" x 9" or slightly larger dish with foil.
- Place hot dog buns in prepared pan and spread open slightly. Place a hot dog in each bun. Top each hot dog with some chili, dividing evenly between all the dogs. Evenly distribute the cheese over the top and then top with the diced red onion and jalapeno rings.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Spray the back side of another large piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the pan with the foil, coated side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and allow to sit for a couple of minutes. Use a spatula to remove chili dogs from pan.
Recipe courtesy of: Valrie's Kitchen.