Fall is always a great time for cooking, especially in Upstate, NY. Today was a perfect cool day to open up the oven and try a new fall dish. So, for today’s Crock-Pot Thursday we tried; Philly Cheese Steak Bake, Tangy Broccoli Salad, Lemon Butter Roasted Asparagus, and finished off with Lemon Bar Cupcakes. Yum is an understatement. Want to try this meal out for yourself? Check out the recipes below!
Philly Cheese Steak Biscuit Bake
- 1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2cups thinly sliced onions
- 2medium green bell peppers, cut in thin strips
- 8oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ original prepared cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (from 16-oz package)
- 2cups shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1cup milk
- 1can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and steak seasoning over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain, and transfer to medium bowl.
- Clean out skillet, and return to medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, then add onions and bell peppers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and browned. Add to bowl with beef.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cubed cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the milk. Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes; stir, then microwave in 30-second increments until cheese melts and mixture is easily stirred smooth.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into sixths. Gently stir biscuit pieces into cheese mixture; stir in beef mixture. Spoon into baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 32 to 36 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and baked through (at least 165°F in center).
Recipe courtesy of: tbsp.
Lemon Butter Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the tough woody ends off the bottoms of the asparagus, and lay them out on the baking sheet. In a small bowl mix the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, honey, salt and pepper together and drizzle over the asparagus.
- Shake the pan to roll the asparagus in the seasoning. Then sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top.
- Roast on the upper rack for 7-10 minutes. 7 minutes for baby asparagus, and longer for thick asparagus. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of: A Spicy Perspective
Check out the other recipes we tried today!