The official start of summer is less than a week away now, and we are still working to nail-down the best summer picnic dishes! For today’s Crock-Pot Thursday we tried our hand at Loaded Chicken Salad Wraps, Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad, and Fresh Pasta Salad. See the recipes below to try them out for your summer celebrations!
Loaded Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 Cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 1/2 Cup bacon crumbles
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the chicken, celery, onions, bacon, and cheese in a large bowl and top with the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Mix well until everything is evenly coated and distributed throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. I usually use between ½-1 tsp of each.
- Serve on toast, in an avocado, tomato, in a lettuce wrap, with crackers or your favorite way to eat chicken salad.
recipe courtesy of: The Pinning Mama
Corn and Cucumber Picnic Salad
- 6 ears fresh corn or 3 cups frozen corn
- 3 cucumbers chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 2 Tbl vinegar
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook corn until tender. Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice bath; drain well.
- Chop cucumber, red and green peppers, and onion. Add to corn in large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix salad dressing with the remaining ingredients then pour over corn mixture and toss well.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
recipe courtesy of: Lovefoodies
Garden-Fresh Pasta Salad
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) whole wheat farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 each red onion and red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min. Drain.
- Rinse pasta mixture with cold water; drain well. Place in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Stir gently before serving; top with cheese.
recipe courtesy of: Kraft