You are invited to a free Lunch & Learn
Learn about Cybersecurity safeguards and how the upcoming NYS SHIELD Act will affect your business!
Join us to learn about the upcoming changes the SHIELD Act (Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security) will require and how you can protect your business data including your customer and employee personal information.
We will discuss:
- What businesses need to know about the SHIELD Act
- Common causes of data breaches
- The Cybersecurity programs you need to consider to reduce your risks
Last year $600,000,000 in fines were collected, and they have promised to be more aggressive when it comes to compliance.
The SHIELD Act will be enforced on March 21, 2020, and will require all New York businesses to:
- Set up a "data security program" to monitor and improve cybersecurity.
- Implement "reasonable safeguards" to ensure that private information is stored and erased safely.
- Notify their customers of data breaches, and imposes large fines if they fail to do so.
With fines increasing from $100,000 to $250,000 per incident no business can afford not to take the steps to keep information safe.
If you are not sure if your business is SHIELD compliant or if you are unsure of what cybersecurity safeguards you should have in place then this presentation is for you!
When: March 5th, 11:30 am
Where: Foothills Performance Center (Upper Theater)