The Directive team definitely had fun with today’s Crock-Pot Thursday dessert; Cinnamon Blondie Brownies. They added just the right amount of spice to take our minds off this week’s snowy forecast.
Check out the easy recipe below!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 baking pan with foil. Grease the foil with baking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In medium bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add the brown sugar and butter to a medium sized saucepan. Cook over medium low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour mixture. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 mins. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping in a small bowl. Brush the top of the bars with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Lift the bars out by holding the foil and set to continue cooling on a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of: House of Yumm