Why Paying for Managed IT Services is Better Than Hiring In House
From managing customer data to conducting online transactions to keeping your staff on task, technology plays a crucial role in every aspect of business operations. As a result, businesses need reliable IT support to ensure their systems are running smoothly and securely. While some businesses opt for in-house IT departments, others choose to outsource their IT needs to managed IT service providers. In this blog post, we will explore why paying for managed IT services is a better alternative to in-house IT departments.
The Limitations of In-House IT Departments
Lack of Expertise
- In-house IT departments often have limited expertise and may not have the necessary skills to handle complex IT issues.
- IT staff may not have the time or resources to stay updated with the latest technological advancements and security threats.
- Maintaining an in-house IT department can be expensive, as it requires hiring and training IT professionals, purchasing hardware and software, and providing ongoing support and maintenance.
- A business that has in-house IT staff needs to consider the cost of benefits, vacation time, raises, promotions, bonuses, and other factors.
- In-house IT departments may struggle to keep up with the growing needs of a business, especially during periods of rapid expansion or downsizing.
- If an IT professional has been working in the same position at the same company for several years, it’s likely that they haven’t been able to explore technologies outside of their wheelhouse.
- The everyday tasks of a growing business tend to fill an internal technician's day pretty quickly, making it difficult to find time to research and implement new technologies that could otherwise improve the business.
The Benefits of Managed IT Services
Access to Expertise
- Managed IT service providers have a team of highly skilled professionals with expertise in various areas of IT, ensuring that businesses receive top-notch support and solutions.
- In our case, we work with such a wide range of clients and industries that our technicians have a lot more experience when it comes to different types of technologies and solving different types of problems.
- Outsourcing IT needs to a managed service provider can be more cost-effective than maintaining an in-house IT department, as businesses only pay for the services they need, without the additional costs of hiring and training IT staff or purchasing and maintaining hardware and software.
- Our team is all about automation. When we need to perform certain tasks over and over again, we optimize it and automate it whenever possible so that we can spend more time focused on the stuff that requires actual brainpower. This makes it much more cost effective for us, while also making it more cost effective for our clients.
Proactive Monitoring and Maintenance
- Managed IT service providers like Directive offer proactive monitoring and maintenance, ensuring that potential issues are identified and resolved before they become major problems that could disrupt business operations.
Scalability and Flexibility
- Managed IT services can easily scale up or down to meet the changing needs of a business, providing the flexibility to adapt to growth or downsizing without the hassle of hiring or laying off IT staff.
In Conclusion, the Best IT Support Comes From IT Providers like Directive
While in-house IT departments may have their advantages, paying for managed IT services offers businesses a range of benefits, including access to expertise, cost-effectiveness, proactive monitoring and maintenance, and scalability. By outsourcing their IT needs to managed service providers, businesses can focus on their core competencies while leaving their technology infrastructure in the hands of professionals.
If your business already has an internal IT department, you don’t necessarily need to lay them off to reap the benefits of outsourcing. Our technicians can supplement their tasks and handle the typical day-to-day management and maintenance of your network and every device on it, or we can handle the larger, more complex projects and migrations that often get put on the back burner.
If you are curious to learn more about how this would work, give us a call at 607.433.2200.