CPT: Add A Little Spice To Your Life
A little spice never hurt anyone, right? That’s what we believe. Despite its inclusion of chili powder, this chicken-based recipe wasn’t too hot to handle for any of our spice-phobic team members. Yes, we know, a lot of recipes are chicken-based, however, that doesn’t make them any less delicious! Serve it with some salad and buttery salt potatoes (like we did) for the complete package.
This particular recipe is not only easy to make (It shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes!), but it’s packed with flavor while still being good for you. MAYBE it’s a little less healthy if you drown it in barbeque sauce like some of the Directive team did, but we won’t judge.
Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken
- Oil, As Needed
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 pounds Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs, Trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Lightly brush grill with oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl, sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Grill the chicken until it is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey. Brush mixture over grilled chicken. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of: The Pioneer Woman