CPT: Happy World Pasta Day! Celebrate with This Recipe
It's World Pasta Day today, so we couldn't NOT eat pasta for today's Crock-Pot Thursday lunch. We settled on a little twist on traditional Italian pasta dish - spaghetti, and baked it in the oven with a combination of ingredients that you might not expect to work so well together. This may be your new favorite!
Give this recipe a try, and check out what some of our other favorite pasta dishes are by watching the video below.
Creamy Baked Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce 1 jar
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cooked beef and spaghetti sauce.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese until smooth, creamy, and well combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the cooked spaghetti in the bottom of the baking dish. Dollop half of the cream cheese mixture over the spaghetti as evenly as possible. Spread with half of the meat mixture. Repeat the layers once and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of: Buns In My Oven