CPT: The Perfect Combo
Today for lunch, we decided that we wanted to put a little spin on an office favorite - Crack Chicken. But, how could we make this already amazing recipe even tastier?
Thanks to another recipe that piqued our interest, we figured out what we wanted to do: Crack Chicken Enchiladas! And we’re happy to report that it actually turned out pretty good!
You can give this concoction a try by following the recipe below:
Crack Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 lbs chicken breast
- 4 - 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, cubed
- 4 1 oz. packets Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 lbs bacon
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 4 oz. cans diced green chilies
- 48 oz. Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 8 oz. Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 40 9” Flour Tortillas
- 4 to 6 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- Place chicken in 11x13 pan
- Top evenly with cream cheese cubes then sprinkle the dry ranch evenly over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Chicken is ready when it can easily be shredded with a fork, shred chicken
- Melt 1 Stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- Cook onion and sauté until tender
- Chop bacon into small pieces, fry until crisp, drain
- Combine chicken, chilies and bacon until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among the tortillas (approximately ½ cup per), roll and trim ends as needed. Place on greased sheet pan flap side down.
- Mix half and half and enchilada sauce, pour evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheese
- Cover with a tent of foil (so the cheese doesn’t stick) and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and center is hot.
- Serve hot with sliced jalapeno, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or all your favorite toppings!
Serves: 30 People