CPT: It’s pronounced "tuh" + "HEE" + "nee" Chicken! [VIDEO]
After the Directive team learned how to pronounce today’s crock-pot recipe, tahini marinated chicken thighs with cucumber/tomato salad, everyone went back for seconds! The first time of the year I was able to grill our meal on the deck was a success, and gave us a real taste of summer. What is more “summer” than grilled chicken?? The cucumber/tomato salad was also a hit and the fresh mint that was included had the entire office smelling fresh. Although some team-members had their doubts about today’s meal while seeing it prepped, no one had any complaints when it was served! What is your favorite summer recipe? Check out this recipe and our video and let us know what you think!
Tahini-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Cucumber-and-Tomato Salad
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste), well stirred
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 small shallot, finely grated
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- To prepare chicken, combine first 10 ingredients in a bowl. Place 1/4 cup tahini mixture in a small bowl; reserve. Place remaining tahini mixture and chicken in a large ziplock plastic bag; seal, turning to coat chicken. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 450°F). Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Arrange chicken on grill grate; cover and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Arrange chicken on a platter; drizzle with reserved 1/4 cup tahini mixture.
- To prepare the salad, combine cucumber and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a bowl; toss gently to combine. Serve cucumber salad with chicken and rice.
Recipe courtesy of: CookingLight