Go Behind the Scenes of a Crock-Pot Thursday Video
Today's Crock-Pot Thursday video gives you an inside look at our media department and processes we use when creating our videos. You'll get a quick first-hand look at our equipment, scenes, and setting up the shots! Check out the video below for a unique look behind the scenes!
Chicken Parm Lasagna
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2 cups parmesan
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cut chicken breasts in half widthwise (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken in flour, egg, and finally in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and fry the chicken on both sides until brown (about 4 minutes each side). Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk one egg into the ricotta, then set aside.
- In a casserole dish, spread some of the jar of marinara on the bottom, top with lasagna noodle overlapping with each noodle.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and layer with chicken.
- Top the chicken with ½ cup of mozzarella and a ½ cup of parmesan.
- Continue layering in the same order and top with remaining cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy!
Cannoli Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on box
- 1 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Bake cake according to directions on box for a 9x13 pan.
- Remove cake from the oven and poke holes all over the top of the cake. (I used a straw)
- Reserve half a cup of sweetened condensed milk and pour the rest of the sweetened condensed milk over the cake.
- Put cake in refrigerator for about an hour to absorb milk.
- Combine ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract in a mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and cinnamon, if using and mix until combined.
- Add reserved sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Once cake has absorbed milk, spread cannoli topping evenly over cake.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Cover cake and allow to set in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Cake should keep for 4-5 days.
NOTE: Do consider straining the ricotta before using, especially if it's a particularly watery brand. Also, when mixing together the ricotta and mascarpone cheese, DO NOT over mix it. If mascarpone cheese is over mixed, it becomes very thin.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.