CPT: Cookies So Good, It’s Hard to Stop Eating Them
When it comes to most desserts, it’s hard to go wrong. It’s even better when a delicious dessert recipe is easy to make, only needs a handful of ingredients, and can be made in a short period of time.
Let us present you with this delicious recipe: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies! Only six ingredients (plus one more if you’re a chocolate fan) and less than 15 minutes in the oven!
You may have tasted this recipe or a variation of it before...it’s a classic. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give it a try yourself!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together peanut butter, egg, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, if using, and salt until well combined.
- Using a 1 3/4-inch scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Using the tines of a fork, gently press down on each scoop in a crosshatch pattern. Sprinkle with sugar and transfer baking sheet to oven. Bake until slightly puffed, 11 to 12 minutes. Cookies will still be soft. Let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart
*If you want to make them taste even better, place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie after they come out of the oven. You won’t regret it!