CPT: Eat Your Heart Out This Valentine’s Day with This Recipe!
Today is Valentine’s Day - the day where you show the people you care about why they’re such an important part of your life.
At Directive, we took today to show our employees just how much we love and appreciate them by cooking a meal that - we think - shows them just how special they are to us. That meal? Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili with a side of Kimber’s Favorite Cornbread!
You can give both of those recipes a try below.
Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
Recipe courtesy of The Chunky Chef
Kimber’s Favorite Cornbread
- 2 Boxes Jiffy Cornbread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Can Creamed Corn
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients until combined in a medium bowl
- Scrape mixture into an 8x8 or 2.2qt-2L (small rectangular pyrex) glass baking dish that has been sprayed well with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center is just done
Recipe courtesy of The Pinning Mama