Our Friday the 13th took some strange turns when two team members learned the hard way about the repercussions of sneaking dessert early at JoomConnect. You could say they had an “out of body experience” while enjoying the double-berry white chocolate crumble bars.
Get this tempting recipe and take a look at our “Freaky Friday” Crock Pot video below.
Double-Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, from 2 (6-oz) containers
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, from 2 (6-oz) containers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, place cookie mix. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly (do not overmix). Reserve 1 cup cookie mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix Filling ingredients. Spread mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Sprinkle reserved cookie mixture over filling.
- Bake 32 to 36 minutes or until top is light golden brown and bubbling along edges. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon melted chips into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe over top of bar. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
Recipe courtesy of: Betty Crocker