With all of the debate going on as to whether the left or right TWIX is superior in the media today, we decided to settle this for ourselves. The conclusion is that the Twix Cookie dessert recipe we had today is in fact the top Twix! Don’t get us wrong, the real-deal candybar is great... BUT when you don’t have to choose a side, start a debate, lose friends AND you get the entire gooey cookie to yourself; is there really a comparison?
Find out for yourself with the recipe below and let us know what part of the cookie was your favorite!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz of caramel (I use Peter's caramel that comes in a 5 lb. block because I can simply just melt it down in the microwave as is and its ready to go, no evaporated milk required, but you can use Kraft caramels as well. Just follow package directions for melting)
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, melt it in the microwave and add 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Dump dough onto a lightly flour surface.
- Roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Melt caramel according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies. Let caramel cool completely before spreading on the chocolate.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving. I popped mine in the fridge/freezer to get the chocolate to set faster.
Recipe courtesy of: Chef in Training