CPT: Creamy, Cheesy Goodness
Here at Directive, We LOVE cheese, so it’s no surprise that macaroni and cheese is a Crock-Pot Thursday dish we just keep coming back to.
We’ve tried many different recipes, and the one we tried today was pretty great! Super cheesy, super creamy...it’ll leave you wanting more!
Give it a try to see for yourself.
Paula Deen's Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. American cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
Crock Pot Method:
- Cook the macaroni for about 7 minutes, until tender. (We’re undercooking it slightly.)
- While the macaroni cooks, set the Crock Pot to low heat. Add all ingredients except the 3 cheeses and whisk until well-combined.
- Drain the macaroni and return it to the warm pot you boiled it in. Add the Cheddar, American, and Cream Cheese. Use a silicone spatula to gently combine.
- Add the macaroni to the Crock Pot and mix to combine all ingredients. Heat on low for 2-3 hours, then switch to warm, and serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni for 9 minutes.
- While the macaroni cooks, add all ingredients except the 3 cheeses to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Drain the macaroni and return it to the warm pot you boiled it in. Add the Cheddar, American, and Cream Cheese. Use a silicone spatula to gently combine.
- Add the macaroni to a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Pour the whisked ingredients on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Recipe courtesy of The Cozy Cook