CPT: Put the Lime in the...Chicken!
A little bit of lime in any recipe adds a bit of zest that is hard to get otherwise. Throw a little bit in with some chicken and a couple of other ingredients, and you have a party!
We have a great recipe for you that we tried today, Skillet Chicken with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce, that was not only delicious...but was easy to make! Even better, it can be made with only ONE PAN!
Give it a try using the recipe below.
Skillet Chicken with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes*
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream*
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- optional: lime wedges and more cilantro for garnish, steamed asparagus for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- If the chicken breasts are uneven in thickness, pound them down so they’re all even. This way all the breasts will cook through simultaneously. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes, turning once. You want the chicken nice and browned on the outside. (It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way through yet.) Set chicken on a plate and cover tightly with foil until step 5.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the broth, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and red pepper. Return to heat. Cook and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to around 1/4 cup. (During this time you can steam some veggies to have on the side, like asparagus.) Reduce heat to medium-low, then add the cream and butter. Stir until butter has melted.
- Add chicken to the sauce and place the skillet in the preheated oven. Bake uncovered until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned on top and any of the listed optional garnishes. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
Recipe courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction